Ladies Christmas Dinner 1/8/16
Creamy Asparagus Soup
- Two Bunches Asparagus, Chopped
- One Leek, Chopped
- One Garlic Clove, Minced
- 3 Tbs Butter
- 5-6 C Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 C Heavy Whipping Cream
- One Russet Potato, Peeled and Diced
- Juice of One Lemon
- Parmesan Cheese
1. Melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook garlic and leek until leek begins to wilt.
2. Add vegetable broth and potatoes, and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium-low heat and add asparagus. Let simmer12-15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
3. Once vegetables are tender, puree soup in batches and run through a mesh strainer.
4. Add cream and lemon juice; stir in parmesan cheese to taste.